Open PhD positions within the Severo Ochoa programme 2022 at ICMAB
The Ministry of Science and Innovation, will open soon the call for the «2022 Severo Ochoa PhD contracts”. Four positions correspond to the ICMAB-CSIC. ICMAB opening this call to pre-select the best candidates among students of all nationalities offering them the opportunity to carry out their doctoral thesis.The best-ranked candidates will have priority in choosing which ICMAB-CSIC research project would like to join. In our group, there are 3 projects proposed. Apply before the deadline, 30 October 2022!
- This call is open to applicants from all nationalities holding a university degree and ready to enter an official doctoral programme.
- Candidates must provide a cover letter of interest, written in English, indicating their ICMAB research project (see list below) of interest (2 maximum)
- Candidates must apply before the deadline, (30 October 2022)
- Candidates must have a strong commitment to scientific research and an excellent academic record.
- Candidates must have good working knowledge of English.
In this internal call, applications will be evaluated by a committee formed by ICMAB researchers, according to the following criteria:
- The candidate’s academic record. Score: from 0 to 40 points
- Suitability of the candidate to the research project. Score: from 0 to 60 points
How to apply
The applicant is required to send before the deadline (30 October 2022) to firstname.lastname@example.org the following information in the application:
- Personal data and CV
- Official documentation that certifies the complementary training couses, languages, collaboration scholarships, Erasmus, etc., that appear in the CV.
- Cover letter including: motivation for applying and naming 1 or 2 research projects (maximum), prioritized, from the list of projects below
- A copy of the Certified Academic Record, showing grades obtained: DEGREE AND MASTER records
SUSTAINABLE ENERGY CONVERSION AND STORAGE SYSTEMS
Coordinator: Alejandro Goñi
- Imperfectly perfect complex oxides for energy harvesting
PI: Mariona Coll (email@example.com)
FUNCTIONAL OR MULTIFUNCTIONAL NANOSTRUCTURED MATERIALS
Coordinator: M. Rosa Palacín
- Ultrafast growth of ultrahigh performance superconducting tapes: Correlation between microstructure and properties
PI: Teresa Puig (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Nano-Engineered High-Temperature Superconductors for functional quantum devices
PI: Anna Palau / Narcís Mestres (email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org)